Is part of your New Years Resolution, Cleaning and Organizing?
Your dishwasher can do so much more than wash dishes. This super-hot washing machine can clean, sanitize and deodorize anything that won’t melt in high typically (130-170) degrees -temperatures.
Here are 7 things you can clean with your handy dandy dishwasher.
1) Cup Holders: When they become encrusted with spilled coffee and soda, pop cup holders into the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.
2) Potatoes and Root Vegetables: When you harvest potatoes, beets and turnips from your garden, place them in the top rack and run through a short dishwasher cycle “without soap or detergent of course” To cook same veggies, wrap tightly in aluminum foil, and wash again.
3) Personal Care Items: Toothbrushes, toothbrush holders, goopy soap dishes, nail brushes, plastic makeup brushes and bathtub drain plugs all benefit from an occasional run through the dishwasher. Place on the top rack with smaller items tucked in a dishwasher basket, and wash on a normal cycle with your other dishes.
4) Plastic child toys: If you have a little one, you should know that plastic toys are safe to wash on the top rack of your dishwasher. It will leave them free of germs and grime.
5) Sponges: Make your sponges last longer and toss them in the dishwasher for a sanitizing clean.
6) Cleaning supplies: Household cleaning supplies that themselves need a good cleaning — vacuum attachments, plastic dustpans, broom ends, glass and dish brushes, should all be good to go for a sanitizing spin in the dishwasher.
7) Refrigerator shelves and drawers: If they fit, then by all means go for it.